- The Par Group
- $40,820.00 -61,270.00/year*
39-42 213th St
Job Title: HVAC Service Technician - Residential and Commercial (Nights and Weekends is a MUST)
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Direct Reports: None
Location: Bayside, NY
FLSA Category: Non-Exempt
* Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for both commercial and residential customers.
* Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical components of central air systems, mini-split systems, heat pump systems, and forced air systems
* Service and maintain hot water boilers including high efficiency comb-units
* Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
* Understand company pricing structure and generate appropriate customer invoice at job site. Electronically process credit card payments. Obtain customer signature prior to and at completion of job. Obtain correct customer information including cell phone number and email address.
* Document and take pictures of all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
* Diagnose service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer's recommendations, and explain fully to the customer the appropriate remedy.
* Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
* Minimum of 3 (three) years of relevant working experience in the HVAC, plumbing, pipefitting, and/or mechanical equipment industry field as a skilled journeyman
* Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; ability to communicate effectively with clients and all levels of management
* Be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of our customers.
* Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues as well as maintaining proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in vehicle.
* Ability to provide outstanding customer service skills with effective communication and professionalism
* Valid driver's license
* Appropriate licenses to work with refrigerants
* Operational and service knowledge as they relate to HVAC Systems
If you are interested in this position, please click apply or email us your CV/resume to ...@pargroup.com. Although we appreciate your interest, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
The PAR Group, a fourth-generation, privately owned and operated company since 1928, is New York's preeminent provider of plumbing, heating & air conditioning, fire protection and green solution services. The company is dedicated to preserving and building its distinguished reputation for professionalism and reliability. Over the years the company has played a vital role in New York City's construction industry.
Associated topics: air conditioning, air filter, batt, fuel, gas, heat, insulation, meter, refrigeration, vent
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...